Criminal Defense Attorneys in Salt Lake City, UT
The law firm of Brown, Bradshaw & Moffat, LLP, was established in 1998. For the past 18 years, the attorneys have aggressively defended those accused of crimes in Salt Lake City and throughout the State of Utah. At the law firm of Brown, Bradshaw & Moffat, LLP, we treat every case very seriously. Our attorneys fight for the best result possible for each and every client.
With five experienced and passionate criminal defense lawyers, we have more than 100 years of combined experience. Our attorneys have handled criminal cases in every county within the State of Utah. We are extremely proud of the work we do and the record we have generated by litigating motions, trying cases, and challenging the power of government.
Recognized Leaders in Criminal Defense
The attorneys in the firm are recognized as leaders in the legal community who have served, or are currently serving, in various trusted organizations and on policy-making committees, including:
- Past President of the Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (UACDL);
- Past Chair of the Criminal Law Section of the Utah State Bar;
- Past Chairman of the Legislative Oversight Committee;
- Past Member of the Utah Sentencing Commission;
- Past Member of the Utah Grand Jury Reform Committee;
- Member on the Committee on Criminal and Juvenile Justice (CCJJ);
- Member on the Death Penalty CCJJ subcommittee;
- Member on the Board of Directors of the Utah Legal Defenders Association;
- Member of the Utah State Bar Governmental Relations Committee;
- Member of the Tenth Circuit CJA Standing Committee; and
- Member of the Utah Supreme Court Advisory Committee for the Utah Rules of Appellate Procedure.
With offices in Salt Like City and Beaver, UT, our criminal defense attorneys have also been "Rule 8" qualified to defend death-penalty cases and have served as qualified attorneys on the Capital Qualified Defense Attorney Panel. The attorneys in the firm are often asked to speak at legal seminars and to author articles on Utah criminal justice topics in various legal publications.
Experienced Local Advocates
Experience Matters Most
Brown, Bradshaw & Moffat, LLP is an experienced, full-service law firm with five attorneys backed by a first-rate team of investigators, paralegals, and legal assistants. The attorneys in our office have successfully handled virtually every type of criminal case. Please take a moment to learn more about the attorneys in the firm and our recent case results.
We understand that when clients walk through our doors, they are scared and intimidated. Many of them have no prior criminal record and don't know what to expect. Many of our clients face serious consequences because of the accusation. The stakes are especially high for those with professional licensure issues such as:
- doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals;
- lawyers and students in law school;
- public and private school teachers and other certified educators;
- members of the military; and
- law enforcement officers at the local, state, or national level.
We also represent clients with a special security clearance or who carry a concealed firearm. For those charged with DUI and other criminal traffic offenses, we are experienced in representing commercial drivers and CDL holders.
No matter the nature of the charge or the potential consequences, we know and understand that each and every case is important and life-changing to you. We are here to help you navigate the court system in order to achieve the best result possible for you and your individual situation.
Focused Exclusively on Criminal Defense
The attorneys at Brown, Bradshaw & Moffat, LLP focus on criminal defense and take a full-service approach to providing the highest level of legal services at every stage of the case. By focusing on criminal defense, rather than "dabbling" in a variety of unrelated legal areas, we can provide the best defense to our clients. We handle a limited range of related civil matters including:
- civil asset forfeiture proceedings;
- administrative hearings to protect driving privileges;
- protective order hearings; and
- professional licensure hearings related to a criminal accusation.
Our primary focus is, and has always been, on what we do best - defending people accused of a crime.
The dedicated and tireless work of our attorneys has earned Brown, Bradshaw & Moffat, LLP the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Several of our attorneys have also been recognized by every notable legal review service including Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and the American College of Trial Attorneys.
Our attorneys practice throughout the State of Utah and have appeared in every county of the State. Our offices are open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m., with an attorney on call after normal business hours, on weekends, and during the holidays to answer your questions. We welcome your calls to discuss your case. Call (801) 532-LAWS today.
This article was last updated on Friday, January 6, 2017.
Criminal Defense Practice Areas
In The News
- Traffic Stop Turns into Half-Million Dollar Seizure Apr 13, 2018 Media Credit: Fox13Now.com-April 9, 2018 The Utah Supreme Court is in the process of deciding whether or not the civil asset forfeiture law rightfully… read more
- KSL News Reports New Trial Granted for Orem Man Convicted of 2012 Murder Aug 16, 2016 Media Credit: KLS.com-August 15, 2016 Judge Samuel McVey ordered a new trial in the case of Orem man, Conrad Truman, convicted of murdering his wife,… read more
- Brown, Bradshaw & Moffat’s Motion for a New Trial Granted for Utah Man Convicted of Murdering his Wife Aug 16, 2016 Media Credit: Fox 13 News Salt Lake City On August 3, 2016, Judge Samuel McVey ordered a new trial for Orem man, Conrad Truman. In February 2015 Truman… read more
- Indictment of Two Utah Men in Assault of Gay Men Calls for Tougher Hate Crime Legislation Aug 15, 2016 In a recent interview, Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill called Utah’s hate crime legislation “toothless”. According to Utah law enforcement… read more
Our attorneys regularly practice throughout Salt Lake County and the surrounding areas including Tooele County, Davis County, Morgan County, Summit County, Wasatch County, and Utah County, including:
- Copperton Township
- Cottonwood Heights
- North Salt Lake
- South Jordan
- West Jordan
- West Valley
- Woods Cross
Our attorneys also practice throughout the State of Utah including all counties and state judicial districts:
- Box Elder County
- Cache County
- Davis County
- Morgan County
- San Pete
- Summit County
- Tooele County
- Utah County
- Wasatch County
- Washington County
- Weber County